Vegan Chili and Sweet Cornbread !.
You can make Vegan Chili and Sweet Cornbread ! using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vegan Chili and Sweet Cornbread !
- It’s of FOR CORNBREAD preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 TBS of bp.
- You need 1 1/4 of almond milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of oil.
- You need of for chili.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white onion small dice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peppers small dice.
- It’s 1 can of rinsed chickpeas (or whatever beans you have on hand).
- Prepare 1 can of rinsed kidney beans (or whatever beans you have on hand).
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 jar of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tsp of garam masala (optional).
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of red chili flakes (optional).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground red pepper (optional).
Vegan Chili and Sweet Cornbread ! instructions
- Preheat oven 400 F for cornbread.
- Combine ingredients whisk dry together then add wet ingredients.
- Place in pan of your choice (smaller the pan the thicker the cornbread). I used a 7 in circle pan.
- Bake for 20-25 min. Or until golden.
- While cornbread is in the oven add 11/2 tsp of oil in a pot/ sauce pan add onions and peppers.
- Sauté veggies about 3 -5 mins then add your rinsed beans. Mix everything together and add your spices. Coat everything in the spices.
- Now add your veggie stock to deglaze the pan a little. Add more stock later if you want a little looser.
- Add the tomato sauce. If you like thick chili just add half a jar. For Saucey chili add the whole jar. I use the whole jar.Mix everything together and reduce at medium low heat. After about 10 mins. Taste. Add more flavor if you feel it needs more..
- Let simmer for 15 min or more/less. Chili is done. Cornbread should be done around the same time. Personalize the chili to your liking.
recipe by Leanzism @cookpad