#Eggless Rainbow Cake#.
You can have #Eggless Rainbow Cake# using 13 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of #Eggless Rainbow Cake#
- You need 2 1/2 cups of white granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Food coloring :red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet.
- Prepare 12 oz of cheese cream.
- You need 6 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of butter softened (do not melt).
#Eggless Rainbow Cake# step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 F..
- Grease and flour 6 (9-inch cake pans.) I only had 3 pans so I had to bake in two rounds..
- In a large bowl cream together sugar and butter..
- Mix in vanilla extract, buttermilk and heavy cream..
- Mix in half of the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- When mixture is combined, mix in the rest of the flour..
- Divide the batter into six bowls (about 1 cup of batter per bowl).
- Add food coloring to each bowl to create a vibrant red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet..
- Pour each colored batter into the prepared pans and spread out into an even layer. (layers will be thin).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until center is set. Do not overbake..
- Remove from oven and let cakes cool in the pan until pans are warm enough to touch..
- Run a spatula around the edges of the pans to loosen the cake and then very carefully remove the cakes from the pans..
- Let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the cream cheese frosting by creaming together cream cheese and butter..
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla..
- Place the violet layer down first and frost..
- Followed by the blue layer, green layer, yellow layer, orange layer and finally the red layer. (frost between each layer).
- Place a thin coat of the icing on the cake to create a crumb coat. This will make the cake even all around and seal any loose crumbs..
- Once the crumb coat is set, finish frosting the cake..
- Slice & serve!.