Lemon Poppyseed yoghurt Loaf. Moist Lemon & Poppy Seed Loaf. A wonderful gentle flavored, soft cake, perfect with a cup of tea! I was all set to make a lemon poppy seed from another site and realised from the comments that it was a sponge cake, and I didn't want a sponge.
What is it about lemon cakes and treats that makes them so popular? Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract. You can have Lemon Poppyseed yoghurt Loaf using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Lemon Poppyseed yoghurt Loaf
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sifted cake flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar + 2 tbsp.
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 50 g of butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of yoghurt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 3 tbsp of poppyseeds.
This is a glorious morning treat. The balance of flour, leavening, eggs and yogurt results in a light and fluffy muffin. The important things to remember with making these lemon poppyseed muffins is to make sure your baking. This Orange Poppy Seed Loaf is made with yogurt, so it's lovely, light and moist.
Lemon Poppyseed yoghurt Loaf step by step
- Preheat the oven to 175°. In a large bowl sift together the flour with baking powder and mix it with the sugar, lemon zest, sugar and poppyseeds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together the eggs vanilla and milk for 1 min or until well combined. In another small bowl combine the yoghurt and butter..
- Now this is the easy part. Just dunk your egg mixture in the dry ingredients in 3 additions. Keep mixing at medium/high speed then add your lemon juice and lastly your butter/yoghurt mixture until you get a thick batter..
- Grease your loaf pan and pour the batter in and leave in the oven for 55-60mins. Enjoy :).
With poppy seeds and a yogurt glaze. When it comes to baking with citrus, I often think lemon first. I need to remind myself that oranges are also absolutely perfect for baking up. I added extra poppyseeds because what's a lemon loaf without poppyseeds? Four days later it was still as moist as it was on the day I made it.