Vickys Red Velvet Cupcakes with Beetroot, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Red Velvet Cupcakes with Beetroot, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Red Velvet Cupcakes with Beetroot, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of ground flax seeds.
- Prepare of hot water.
- It’s of plain / gluten-free flour blend.
- It’s of (half a cup) cocoa powder.
- You need of xanthan gum – only if using gf flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda / bicarb.
- It’s of beetroot puree (around 4 cooked beetroot).
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of full fat coconut milk.
- You need of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
Vickys Red Velvet Cupcakes with Beetroot, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax with the hot water and let stand 15 minutes until it turns gelatinous and the oven has preheated fully.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a stand mixer or blender, combine the beetroot puree, sugar, oil, milk, vanilla and flax slurry. Mix on a medium speed for a minute or 2 until well combined.
- Gradually add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir until smooth. If you want a richer red colour to these cupcakes you may want to stir in some red gel colouring at this point.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the cupcake cases and bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cake comes away clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack then frost with your favourite frosting!.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad