Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries.
You can make Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries
- Prepare of for the dough….
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare of white sugar.
- It’s of heavy cream(170g each).
- You need of for filling….
- Prepare of date paste.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of unsalted melted butter.
- You need of powder sugar for dusting.
Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries step by step
- in a large bowl combine flour,heavy cream,butter and sugar untill dough is formed.cover set aside for 15 min.
- in another bowl your date paste in..add ground cinnamon and butter mix kneaded to combine out of it make a date ball in equal amount set aside..
- grab your dough measure equal amount formed like a ball but bit bigger than your date filling ball..flatten and get date ball fill your dough wrap it and roll in your palm and then get your ma'amoul molding press inside then tap to come out(if you dont have ma'amoul molding leave it as it is )line them in baking sheet bake 10 to 15 minute in a preaheated oven(350)untill light brown on the bottom.let it cool and roll in powdered sugar..
- served with coffee or tea!enjoy….
- the good thing is you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature even a week :).
recipe by pamelarochelle @cookpad