Microwave Cake. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large microwave-safe mug; stir in milk, canola oil, water, and vanilla extract. Making a cake from scratch in five minutes (or less) might sound like a fantasy, but all it takes is a microwave and a mug. Take your favorite coffee mug (it helps if it's extra-large), and after a couple minutes you'll have yourself a puffy, moist cake and almost zero clean up.
The following recipes are for a family sized chocolate cake, or a microwave chocolate mug cake that bakes in under a minute; creative frosting ideas follow the recipes. Here are some tips and hacks that can really help with your microwave cake recipes: If you don't have cocoa powder: The chocolate recipes will work just as well with any sort of hot chocolate mix, like Milo. My Microwave Mug Sponge Cake could not be more authentic. You can cook Microwave Cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Microwave Cake
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of butter/ margarine.
- You need 3 tablespoon of sugar/ brown sugar (you can add more if you like sweet).
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 8 tablespoon of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare pinch of salt (I don't use it, since I use saltened margarine).
Made from all the usual suspects for cake recipes — like butter, flour, sugar, vanilla and almond extract — this lovely sweet cake with that special soft texture is the perfect end to any day. I was watching Masterchef AU last night and Matt Preston was making. When you want something for dessert that's more than a chocolate bar or ice cream, but still easy enough to make that you can eat it ASAP, mug cakes are your friends. Just because these desserts are made in a microwave, it doesn't mean the cakes can't be made from scratch and taste good.
Microwave Cake step by step
- Beat butter/ margarine and sugar until soft.
- Mix well milk and egg in another bowl.
- Pour the milk mixture into the softened butter/ margarine mixture, stir well..
- Sieve wheat flour and baking powder and salt into the mixture. Stir well.
- Prepare bowl or any microwaveable tray, grease with cooking oil and put baking paper. Pour the batter into.
- Bake in high mode for 5 mins (I bake for 2 mins-2mins-1min), until the cake is fully cooked (stab with skewer stick. If it came out clear, means your cake is done)..
- Serve the cake after cooled down ±7 mins.
Layer crushed graham crackers, chocolate cake batter, and marshmallows in a mug, and microwave for a delicious twist on the campfire favorite. Get the recipe at How Sweet It Is. Courtesy of Kirbie's Cravings Holy bananas, you guys. This chocolate mug cake recipe is one of your all's favorite desserts to make. I remember it being on the back of a Duncan Hines cake mix many years ago.