Bourbon Pecan Pie.
You can cook Bourbon Pecan Pie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Prepare 2 (9 inch) of unbaked pie crusts.
- You need 6 large of eggs.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of dark corn syrup.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of dark-brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of good-quality bourbon.
- You need 2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of pecan halves.
Bourbon Pecan Pie step by step
- Place both unbaked pie crusts on top of one another. Roll out dough to 13 inch round..
- Place pie crust in a spring form cake pan pushing the crust into the corners and leaving excess. Freeze for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Whisk together eggs, syrup, and sugar in a large bowl until smooth..
- Whisk in butter, vanilla, and bourbon. Stir in chopped pecans..
- Pour filling into shell and arrange pecan halves in circles working from the edge to the center..
- With a sharp knife, trim the excess crust so that it lines up with the pecans..
- Tent the dish and bake for 50 minutes. Remove tent and bake for an additional 10 minutes to toast the top..
- Ensure filling is set, if more time is needed place tent back on pie before returning to oven..
- Let cool for at least 2 hours but I typically make this a day ahead..