Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy. The absolute best and easiest vegan mashed potatoes and gravy. From The Forks Over Knives Plan. This Mashed Potatoes recipe and other kid-friendly and comfort food ideas are also available in our convenient iPhone app and newly released Android app.
My super easy garlic Vegan Mashed Potatoes and Gravy are delicious! Mashed potatoes was one of the first things I made as a vegan, but I could never get the flavor or texture just right. So many vegan gravy recipes out there are rather complicated, with their chopped onions and mushrooms… I don't know about you, but usually by the time I think about. You can cook Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy
- It’s of Mashed potatoes.
- You need 8 of large Russet potatoes (peeled).
- You need of Soy milk (approximately 1 cup).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Gravy.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 quart of vegetable broth.
- You need of Salt.
How to make vegan mashed potatoes. Start by washing and dicing the potatoes and garlic. I am often asked what knives I use and This mashed potato gravy recipe is also wonderful with my No-Meat Loaf! This meatless loaf is something that I take to family gatherings on a regular basis.
Vegan mashed potatoes and gravy instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While waiting for the water to boil, peel the potatoes and cut each potato into three or four chunks to cook evenly and thoroughly..
- Add potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 20-25 minutes until a fork passes smoothly through the potato chunks.
- While the potatoes are cooking, scoop 1/3 cup of flour into a medium pan. Add a small amount of vegetable broth and mix into until you have a fine paste. Keep adding broth and stirring, letting the paste to thin into liquid and making sure no lumps form. Add all but 1 cup of the broth. The gravy will be a little watery and will thicken when it comes to a boil. It is important to add the broth slowly and stir continously so that the gravy isn't lumpy..
- Put the pan of gravy on the stove at medium heat. Stir continuously until the gravy comes to a boil. When it reaches a boil, you will notice the gravy will thicken slightly. If the gravy is too thick, add more broth and stir. If the gravy is too watery, mix a small amount of flour with a small amount of broth in a separate container until a thick liquid forms and there are no lumps. Add small amounts of the flour-broth mixture until you get the consistency you desire. Salt to taste..
- Remove the gravy from heat..
- Strain the potatoes and place in a mixing bowl. Be careful because the potatoes will be hot..
- Slowly increase the speed of the mixer to high and add small amounts of soy milk and stir the potatoes. Continue adding soy milk and mixing until the potatoes are the desired consistency. Salt to taste..
- Dish out the mashed potatoes and top with a healthy serving of gravy. Enjoy!.
recipe by Ann Jeffers @cookpad
A staple dish in most American celebrations, mashed potatoes and gravy is the kind of dish that brings warmth and comfort to even the coldest of evenings. What I love most about this dish is that you can serve mashed potatoes and gravy, and no one will know that it is vegan. Add fresh herbs of choice and set aside. Gravy: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. I used to eat them with my mashed potatoes and bread rolls all the time prior to making healthier choices and going vegan.