You can cook Maamul Tamer using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Maamul Tamer
- It’s of semolina.
- Prepare of fine semolina, ferkha flour.
- It’s of dried yeast, dissolved in 2 tablespoons warm water.
- It’s of butter, melted.
- Prepare of orange blossom water.
- Prepare of rose water.
- It’s of For the stuffing:.
- It’s of date paste.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of pinch of mahlab, if available.
Maamul Tamer step by step
- In a bowl, mix the semolina and ferkha flour with the butter. Cover with a kitchen cloth and leave overnight..
- Add the orange blossom water, rose water and dissolved yeast to the flour and butter mixture. Knead until you get a soft dough..
- To prepare the stuffing: melt the butter in a saucepan, add the date paste and mahlab then mash the mix with the back of a spoon until pureed..
- Divide the date paste into small cherry-sized balls and leave them aside for later use..
- Divide the dough into walnut-sized balls. Place the dough ball in the palm of your hand and with your finger make a hole in it. Fill it with a date paste ball; close the dough and roll into a ball..
- Place the ball into the maamoul mold and pack it well inside it for the dough to take the shape of the mold. To unmold, flip the mold and tap it on the table. The cookie will fall out..
- Place the maamoul in an oven tray and bake at high temperature for about 15 to 20 min or until they are blushed..
recipe by Amal @cookpad