You can have Carrot Cake using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of Honeycomb:.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Golden Syrup,.
- You need 1 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Water,.
- It’s 2 TSP of Baking Soda,.
- You need of Cake Batter:.
- It’s 150 g of Walnut Coarsely Chopped,.
- You need 500 ml of Fresh Carrot Juice,.
- It’s 200 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- You need 1 1/2 TBSP of Baking Powder,.
- It’s 1/2 TBSP of Baking Soda,.
- Prepare 90 g of Caster Sugar,.
- You need 90 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need 1/4 TSP of Ground Cinnamon,.
- Prepare 1/4 TSP of Nutmeg Freshly Grated,.
- You need 375 g of Carrots Freshly Shredded Preferably Organic,.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
- It’s of Fresh Orange Zest, 1/2 Orange.
- You need of Canola / Peanut Oil, 120ml + More For Greasing.
- It’s of For Serving:.
- It’s 250 ml of Fresh Carrot Juice,.
- You need 250 ml of Fresh Orange Juice,.
Carrot Cake step by step
- Prepare the honeycomb. Lined baking tray with aluminium foil. Lightly grease the foil with oil. In a sauce pot, add sugar, golden syrup, maple syrup and water..
- Turn the heat up to medium high. Place in a candy thermometer. *Do not stir the mixture.*.
- Once the temperature reaches 148 degrees celsius or 300 fahrenheit, immediately remove from heat. *It is best to remove from heat just before it reaches that temperature as it will still continue cooking.* Immediately sieve in the baking soda..
- Stir lightly to combine well. You will see that the mixture will start to foam up rapidly. As soon as that happens, stop stirring and immediately transfer onto the baking tray. *Do not try to smoothen the surface as it will collapse.*.
- Set aside to cool down completely, preferably overnight. You can crack into smaller piece and store them in an airtight container. Prepare the cake batter..
- In a skillet over medium heat, add walnuts. Saute and toast the walnuts for about 1 to 2 mins. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. *Do not over toast the walnuts or it will turn bitter.*.
- In a sauce pot over medium-low heat, add carrot juice. Bring it up to a slow simmer. Continue to simmer until it reduce to about 1/4 cup or 63ml. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely..
- Lightly grease the cake pan with oil. Lay parchment paper onto the bottom of the cake pan as well as the sides. Preheat oven to 190 degree celsius or 375 fahrenheit..
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Mix to combine well. Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, shredded carrots, vanilla and orange zest. Mix to combine well. Mix, mix, mix..
- Lastly, add in carrot juice, oil and walnuts. Stir to combine well. Transfer the batter into the cake pan. Using an offset spatula to create an even surface..
- Wack into the oven and bake for about 40 to 45 mins. *When you insert a skewer into the cake, the skewer should come out clean.* Remove from oven and let cool completely. Unmold and cover with cling film and chill in the fridge at least for 48 hrs..
- To serve. In a sauce pot over medium-low heat, add carrot and orange juice. Bring it up to a slow simmer. Continue to simmer until it reduce to about 1/2..
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. Spoon the reduced juice mixture onto serving plate. Place a slice of the carrot cake in the middle. Decorate with crack honeycomb pieces. Serve immediately..
recipe by Daniel Lim @cookpad