You can make Ragda Patties using 33 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ragda Patties
- Prepare of For patties -.
- You need of potatoes.
- You need of slices bread.
- It’s of ginger paste.
- You need of green chilli paste.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of wheat flour or corn flour to coat patties.
- Prepare of oil to shallow fry.
- It’s of For ragada -.
- Prepare of dry peas.
- You need of oil.
- You need of bay leaf.
- It’s of inch cinnamon.
- Prepare of cloves.
- It’s of dry red chilli.
- Prepare of mustard.
- It’s of hing/ asafoetida.
- Prepare of curry leaves.
- Prepare of ginger paste.
- It’s of green chilli paste.
- You need of red chilli powder.
- It’s of turmeric.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of garam masala.
- You need of tamarind pulp.
- You need of gram jaggery.
- It’s of water.
- You need of Other ingredients -.
- It’s of green chutney.
- Prepare of date tamarind chutney.
- Prepare of finely chopped onion.
- It’s of sev.
- It’s of coriander leaves.
Ragda Patties instructions
- Soak peas for 5 to 6 hours and pressure cook it until 3 – 4 whistles. You can use either green or white dry peas to make ragada..
- To make patties, boil potatoes, peel them and grate them. Make fresh bread crumbs out of bread slices in a mixer jar. Now add ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt and fresh bread crumbs to the potato mixture and mix everything well..
- Divide the potato mixture into 10 equal portions. Now Grease your hands and shape each portion into a patty or tikki. Coat prepared tikkis with wheat flour or corn flour. Heat oil in a nonstick pan and shallow fry all the tikkis on high heat until brown on both sides..
- Heat oil in a pot and add bay leaf, cinnamon, clove and whole red chilli. Now add mustard seeds and let it crackle. Add asafoetida and curry leaves. Now add ginger and green chilli paste and saute it for 30 seconds. Add turmeric, red chilli powder and salt to it and mix everything very well..
- Now add boiled peas along with garam masala, tamarind pulp and jaggery. Mix everything well and add 3 cups of water and let it cook for 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat. Ragada can be kept thick or thin according to personal preferences..
- To serve ragda patties, take a serving bowl and add some ragada to it. Now put one patty and add green chutney and date tamarind chutney on top. Now add chopped onion, sev and coriander leaves on top..
- Delicious ragda patties is ready to serve..
recipe by spice queen @cookpad