Hazelnut Pound Cake. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Almonds or walnuts make a good substitute for the hazelnuts in this recipe. Louis is flavored with ground hazelnuts and hazelnut butter (easily made in a food processor in one step), plus a whisper of orange and lemon zest.
In a food processor pulse hazelnuts until finely ground. The moist cake is enhanced by the hidden surprise of crunchy hazelnuts and chocolate-hazelnut spread. Bake the cake up to two days ahead of the brunch, and store at room temperature. You can have Hazelnut Pound Cake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Hazelnut Pound Cake
- It’s 3 sticks of butter.
- You need 2 of &1/2 cups sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 2 of &1/2 cups flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of half & half.
- You need 2 tsp of Superior hazelnut flavor.
It's such a pretty cake and wonderfully simple to make, too! One of my favorite recipes in my cookbook is a cookie that features cinnamon and hazelnut. It's such a simple flavor combination, but it's one that works really, really well. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Hazelnut Pound Cake instructions
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature..
- In a mixer, add the butter and sugar, cream together with a paddle attachment..
- Add eggs one at a time, and continue to beat on medium speed, scrape down the bowl..
- Add the flour and the milk alternating between the two, add flavor, continue to beat for 5 mins..
- Pour into prepared pan with butter and flour..
- Bake @ 350 till done about 45 mins. Cool.
Stir in nuts and chocolate chips; add to creamed mixture and stir until well mixed. We are featuring individual four-ounce doughnut cakes for this recipe, but you can also use a large bundt cake pan, loaf pan, half sheet tray, or muffin tray. Cake is ready until the top is brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean Allow the cake to cool and cover with powdered sugar before serving. If you try this hazelnut cake recipe or one of my other recipes, please leave us a comment how you liked it. Nutella pound cake is unbelievably moist from the rich chocolate-hazelnut spread added to the batter.