Oil Free steamed Dahi Vada.
You can have Oil Free steamed Dahi Vada using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oil Free steamed Dahi Vada
- It’s of soaked rice.
- It’s of soaked urad dal.
- Prepare of chili and ginger paste.
- You need of fresh curd.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of sugar powder.
- You need of Salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and chaat masala as per taste.
- Prepare of Pomegranate seeds to garnish.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- You need of sweet tamarind and date chutney.
- It’s of spicey mint chutney.
Oil Free steamed Dahi Vada step by step
- Grind the daal and rice separately. Then grind them together till fluffy consistency. Cover and keep for 2 hours..
- Then add chilli – ginger paste, salt, lemon juice, baking soda and 1 TSP sugar powder. Mix well..
- Heat a steamer. Grease the Idli stand and pour 1 ladle full mix in each mold. Steam for 10 minutes on high..
- Then remove from flame, cool and demold all the vada. Prick them all over with toothpick. Arrange on a serving plate..
- Mix curd and all the spice powders. Beat till creamy. Pour on the Vada. Add chutneys on top. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate for 2 hours or till serving. Serve as a healthy, oil free snack full of proteins and vitamins..
recipe by Vaishali Suhas ( Vaishubakes) @cookpad