Orange-Walnut Slice Cake.
You can make Orange-Walnut Slice Cake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Orange-Walnut Slice Cake
- You need 1 of medium sized Fresh juice of Orange.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of fresh orange zest.
- You need 150 grams of walnuts.
- You need 200 grams of all purpose /cake flour.
- Prepare 100 gm of fine sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 of egg.
Orange-Walnut Slice Cake step by step
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Throw in the chopped walnuts.
- Add butter,zest,orange juice and egg. Fold in well(you may want to beat the egg separately before adding it).
- Grease a bread loaf tin with some butter and pour in the cake batter into it and gently tap the tin twice or thrice.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200 degree and then 10 minutes on 180.
- Post baking, let the cake cool completely and then slice.
- Pack it for your kid’s lunch and enjoy with your cuppa..
- Store airtight. You can refrigerate the leftovers.
recipe by A Chef and A Mom @cookpad