Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake.
You can make Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake using 25 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake
- You need of For Cake:.
- It’s of Dry ingredients:.
- You need of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Light Brown Sugar.
- It’s of Fine Salt.
- Prepare of Baking Soda.
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- You need of Wet Ingredients:.
- You need of sour cream.
- It’s of Pure Maple Syrup.
- Prepare of oil ( canola, vegetable or melted coconut oil.
- It’s of buttermilk or whole milk.
- You need of large eggs beaten.
- It’s of maple extract (optional. Makes it more maple flavor).
- It’s of Chopped toasted walnuts.
- You need of Strudel Mixture;.
- Prepare of light brown sugar.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- It’s of chopped toasted walnuts.
- Prepare of cinnamon or nutmeg. I use both.
- It’s of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s of Topping:.
- You need of sifted powdered sugar.
- You need of maple syrup.
- You need of add 1 teaspoon maple extract for more intense maple flavor.
Maple Walnut Strudel Coffee Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. While oven preheats, spray or butter a 9×9 inch square pan or cast iron or aluminum..
- Mix strudel ingredients until crumbly and set aside..
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients for cake until well combined. Set aside..
- In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients until well combined..
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients..
- Pour wet ingredients into well and gently fold into dry until just combined. Do not over mix..
- Pour half of the cake batter into prepared pan..
- Sprinkle half the strudel mixture over layer of cake in pan..
- Pour remaining batter over strudel layer..
- Sprinkle remaining strudel over top..
- Bake at 350 until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Check after 20 minutes..
- Cool for 15 minutes if removing from pan and finish cooling on wire rack..
- Mix topping ingredients to combine well. I sometimes add a few splashes of milk to thin for a glaze. You can make it thick if you prefer..
- Drizzle icing over warm cake..
- Serve warm if you prefer. Even better the next day..
- I love this for breakfast or snack with coffee or tea..
recipe by Raven @cookpad