Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake. Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake Yaaaayyy!!! It's Christmas season and one of the traditions along with singing carols, putting up the Christmas tree, lighting up the house, baking aromatic gingerbread cookies or gingerbread houses, is baking the infamous Christmas Cake! Every home we visited during the Christmas season had one thing for sure, BOOZY CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE!
This Boozy Christmas Cake is AMAZING. It's a sweet rum cake filled with my homemade tutti frutti, golden raisins, pistachios and dates. There are also spices like cardamom, cloves and ginger. You can have Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of Chopped dried fruit and nut of your choice.
- Prepare 1 cup of dark rum.
There's even some organic apple juice to help add more sweet fruity flavor. This dessert is moist, rich and oh so fruity. It's what every fruit cake should taste like. A traditional brandy-soaked rich fruit cake is as boozy as it can get.
Boozy Fruit Soak For Your Christmas Cake step by step
- Finely chop up the dried fruits and nuts..
- In a clean, dry glass or ceramic jar, add the chopped dry fruits and nuts and the rum. Mix well together with a wooden spoon..
- Seal the jar with a lid and keep in a cool, dry place away from sunlight..
- Every two or three days, give the fruit a mix and add about ¼ cup more rum if it looks too dry..
- You can throw in any dried fruit of your choice. I used dates, sultanas, a mixture of golden and black raisins, dried figs, dried apricot, and cashew. Candied Ginger and Orange are quite often added to the traditional cakes, but these don't favor my palate and hence I have left it out. Feel free to add in case you like these flavors..
- I have soaked Cashew along with the dried fruit. You really don't need to. If you like your nuts crisp, chop them and add along with an assortment of other nuts directly into your cake batter..
- You can also use Whiskey, Brandy, or good quality Port or Sherry to replace the rum used in the recipe..
- If you are looking at an alcohol-free version of cake, you can soak the dried fruit and nut in freshly squeezed orange juice. But please remember that such a cake will have a short shelf life as opposed to the cake containing alcohol soaked fruits..
- Please remember to use only glass or ceramic jars to soak the fruits. Metallic or plastic containers may not be your best choice as the alcohol may react with the metal or plastic which could be harmful..
The secret to making this boozy cake is making it ahead of time so the flavors mature and the alcohol has macerated with the fruit. Which is why I call it a boozy Christmas cake or make-a-head Christmas cake. The words 'world's best' and fruit cake are generally not seen as compatible with one another. After all, fruit cake is one of the most ridiculed baked goods in existence!. And will be soaking the cake till Christmas!.