Banana cake. A tasty banana cake is a good alternative to banana bread when you're looking for a sweet treat.. Banana Oatmeal Crumb Cake, Banana Coffee Cake with Pecans, Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Banana-Oatmeal Cake (Screwed-Up Mother's Day Cake), Banana Plum Bread Looking for banana cake recipes? Taste of Home has the best banana cake recipes from real cooks, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips.
Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, cinnamon, allspice and ground ginger to a bowl then whisk until. This is a very versatile and fast cake recipe. Not only is it moist and delicious, the same batter can be used to make banana bread and muffins. You can have Banana cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana cake
- It’s 1/2 cup of magarine/butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of banana extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 3 of medium sized bananas.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of groundnuts(optional).
Delicious frosted with chocolate or cream cheese frosting. The best banana cakes are those that are well spiced and frosted with a heavy layer of cream cheese frosting. Our ratio of cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla to banana imbues each bite with the most balanced and decadent mix of flavors. A step up from a traditional banana bread, this is very much a cake.
Banana cake step by step
- Measure ingredients, prep your baking pan and preheat oven to 360°..
- Cream sugar and magarine together until it's fluffy..
- Add in eggs one at a time until thoroughly mixed..
- Mash the bananas, add it to the mixture and mix together..
- Add in the extracts..
- Mix dry ingredients together and add half of it the mixture..
- Add in the milk and pour the rest of the flour into the mixture. Make sure not to over mix..
- Pour your cake mixture into your baking pan and sprinkle the ground nuts on top..
- Bake till your skewer or toothpick comes out clean.
The cooking time on this cake can vary! The result will be a moist and irresistible banana cake. Banana Cake Recipes We love baking with bananas, and it's no surprise why: They taste amazing in just about everything! Here are the cakes we go bananas for, including a banana tres leches cake and a banana, marshmallow and peanut butter poke cake that's completely divine. This is my all-time favorite banana cake recipe, made completely from scratch!