Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola). Great recipe for Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola). "Kaipola"is basically a sweet thick egg cake which is filled with sweet plantains. Plantains are large bananas that are very popular in Kerala(southern India). Ripe plantains are eaten as it is, steamed, filled with coconut,.
Ripe plantains are eaten as it is, steamed. See great recipes for Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) too! I must sound like your friend who just joined CrossFit, because I won't shut up about plantains lately. You can have Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola)
- Prepare 2 of large ripe plantains(as ripe as possible).
- It’s 4-5 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of clarified butter or ghee.
- You need pods of Cardamom 4 to 5 no.s.
- Prepare of Cashew nuts as needed to decorate.
- It’s of Raisins as needed to decorate.
Great recipe for Easy Pakodas ( Kerala evening snack). Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) by Soumi; Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) by. This easy plantain cake tastes like banana bread, but requires no sweetener or flour. Simply blend a handful of ingredients in a blender, bake, and enjoy..
Gluten free/Flour free Banana(Plantain) Cake.(Kaipola) step by step
- Cut the plantains length wise. Remove the seeds from inside and chop it into small pieces. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of sugar (depending on the sweetness of banana) and keep it aside.
- Fry 5 to 6 cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and keep it aside. This is used to garnish the banana cake..
- Heat a non stick pan with 3 to 4 tbsp of clarified butter or ghee. When the ghee starts to become hot, add the chopped bananas and cook it in low to medium flame until it is light golden brown in color and cooked well. Turn off the heat and wait it till the mixture cools down..
- In a separate bowl, break 4 large eggs, add 3 tbsp of sugar, 4 cardamom pods, a pinch of salt (to balance the sweetness) and 1/4 cup milk. Blend this mixture very well using a folk or by using a blender..
- Add the chopped bananas into the egg- milk batter and mix well to form a batter. At this point you may check the sweetness in the batter and add more sugar as per your taste..
- Heat a non stick pan, add few tbsp of ghee to it. When it becomes hot, pour the batter to it. Cover the pan and cook it in very low heat. When the top portion is about set,place the fried cashews and raisins on the top. This is done so that it won’t submerge inside the batter. Close the lid and continue to cook the batter in low heat..
- Wait till the top sets and side starts to become brown or starts to detach from the pan. It might take about 10-15 mins. The cake will be cooked when the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- At this point demould the cake to a plate and reverse it. Put it back into the pan with the top facing down. This will allow the top side to cook and change the color to golden brown. Keep it for 5 mins or so. Make sure to do this step in low heat as well. Your banana cake is now ready. Serve hot with coffee !.
Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender (I use and recommend the Ninja blender). It's a fantastic source of minerals like zinc, magnesium, phosphorous, and manganese. It's also naturally grain-free and gluten-free, making it ideal for people sensitive to these foods or those on a Paleo or AIP diet (Auto Immune Protocol). If you're looking for a simple and tasty gluten free banana bread recipe, then this is it! This Plantain Cake is an easy-to-make Latin American treat that can be enjoyed any time of day.