Carrot Cake – WSM. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long. How to make carrot cake from scratch.
This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! It's perfectly moist and delicious, made with lots of fresh carrots, and topped with the most heavenly cream cheese frosting. This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. You can make Carrot Cake – WSM using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake – WSM
- Prepare 225 ml of Sunflower oil.
- Prepare 225 gr of light muscovado sugar Or Any Light Brown if cannot get it.
- You need 4 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 225 gr of self-raising flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 tsp. of each mixed spice, ground cinnamon, ground ginger & ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 150 gr of sultanas OR 100 gr Sultanas and 50 gr Dried Mixed Fruit.
- Prepare 200 gr of carrots, coarsely grated.
- It’s 50-75 g of walnuts or pecans or almonds (or mix), roughly chopped.
- It’s of For Icing.
- Prepare 250 gr of unsalted butter, very soft.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp. of Orange or Lemon extract (optional).
- Prepare 400 gr of full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 300 g (11 oz) of icing sugar.
- You need of Any Silly Decorations that make you smile – of course Marzipan Carrots if you can get :).
It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. A wonderfully moist, perfectly spiced carrot cake recipe. This To Die For Carrot Cake recipe receives rave reviews for it's unbelievable moistness and delicious flavor!
Carrot Cake – WSM instructions
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan) mark 3. Grease and line the base and sides of a round 20.5cm (8in) cake tin with parchment paper. Put the oil, sugar and eggs into a large bowl and whisk together until smooth. (I used a food processor with the Cake / Bread attachment and pulsed).
- Add the flour, soda and spices to the bowl and mix to combine. Stir in the sultanas, carrots and nuts. Scrape mixture into the prepared tin, level and bake for 1hr 5min-1hr 15min or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5min in tin, then remove from tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the icing, in a large bowl beat the butter and vanilla until completely smooth, then add the room-temperature cream cheese and mix to combine. Sift over the icing sugar and mix (carefully at first, as otherwise there will be clouds of icing sugar) until smooth and fluffy.
- Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally through the middle. Use half the icing to sandwich the halves back together and place cake on a cake stand/plate. Spread remaining icing over top of the cake and lay on the carrot decorations, if using. Serve in slices..
Truly the BEST CARROT CAKE you'll ever try! Since the carrot cake cupcakes have been so popular, I knew I wanted to get an actual healthy carrot cake recipe up on the blog this year. With Easter less than a week away, today seems like the perfect. Made this cake for my carrot cake loving boyfriend's birthday last year, and he said it was the best Best carrot cake ever. Made it a few times and noticed it sensitive to over cooking (it drys out) so.