Finger millet banana walnut cake. #Vidyascooking #Vidyastravel #Reviews #Recipes #FoodtastingI wanted to bake my own on newyear's eve cake and prepared with whatever ingredients I had on. Here is the recipe for delicious finger millet/ragi cake, easy and simple to make at home. It is healthy also and we have not used sugar in this recipe.
Health Benefits of Ragi: Ragi also known as finger millet widely used in South India cuisine. in the cake. Pour the liquid banana mix into the Flour mixture. Mix the chocolate chip and Walnuts. You can make Finger millet banana walnut cake using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Finger millet banana walnut cake
- Prepare 1 Cup of finger millet flour(ragi).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oats flour.
- It’s 1 of banana.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of jaggery(or to taste).
- It’s 3/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 tea spoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/4 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1 TBS of coco powder.
Delicious curried spinach & carrot millet cake recipe from the America's Test Kitchen Complete Vegetarian Cookbook. These veggie-packed curried millet cakes make a fun, unexpected, and delicious vegetarian dinner! The nutritional benefits of Ragi or Nachni (Finger Millet) are manifold. It is a staple diet for many people in villages of Maharashtra and South India.
Finger millet banana walnut cake step by step
- Press heat the oven.
- Roast oats and make powder.
- Seive ragi with oats baking powder and baking soda..
- In a bowl mash banana.
- Add oil and beat till fluffy.
- Add jaggery and beat again.
- Now add flour little by little mix by cut and fold method.
- Add chopped walnuts and vanilla essence.
- Gently mix.
- Transfer the mixture to greesed cake mould.
- Tap the mould on working surface to realise the air.
- Keep it in oven to bake at 180 for 35-40 mins..
- Check with tooth pick..
- If done leave it on rack only.
- Once cool down take out and cut into desired shape and enjoy with loved ones..
recipe by Asifa Kouser @cookpad
I often make this ragi and chocolate cake. It is very healthy and can be made with the regularly available ingredients. It has been a busy month and finally i found time to get back to my blog. Today being a sunday i wanted to try out something special. I have started using millets instead of rice for lotta recipes due to its beneficial fibre content.