Are you craving something delicious for lunch? Look no further than Applebee’s Lunch Menu 2023! With a variety of options to choose from, you’re sure to find something that satisfies your hunger and taste buds. In this blog post, we’ll be sharing two of our favorite recipes from the menu that are easy to make at home. So, let’s get cooking!
Recipe 1: Applebee’s Southwest Chicken Salad
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, black beans, corn, cheddar cheese, tortilla strips, diced tomatoes, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce.
- Add the sliced chicken to the bowl with the salad ingredients, then drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Toss to combine and serve immediately.
- Calories: 520
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 7g
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Grill or grill pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
Serve the Southwest Chicken Salad with a side of tortilla chips or garlic bread for a complete meal.
- Swap the chicken for grilled shrimp or steak.
- Add avocado or guacamole for some extra creaminess.
- Use a different type of cheese, such as pepper jack or feta.
- Use any type of greens you prefer, such as spinach or arugula.
- Substitute the black beans with kidney beans or chickpeas.
- Use any type of dressing you like, such as honey mustard or balsamic vinaigrette.
Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- If using a grill pan, make sure to preheat it for at least 5 minutes before adding the chicken.
- Don’t overcook the chicken, as it can become dry and tough.
- Make sure to let the chicken rest before slicing it, as this helps to retain its juices.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use bottled ranch dressing instead of making my own? Yes, you can use bottled dressing if you prefer.
- Can I make this salad vegetarian? Yes, simply omit the chicken and add extra beans or tofu.
- Can I make this salad ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the salad ingredients and dressing ahead of time, then assemble the salad just before serving.
Recipe 2: Applebee’s Classic Club Sandwich
- 3 slices of bread
- 2-3 slices of deli turkey
- 2-3 slices of cooked bacon
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2-3 slices of tomato
- To toast your bread, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place your slices of bread on a baking sheet and bake for about 5-8 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Place one slice of bread on a plate and spread a layer of mayonnaise on it. Add a layer of lettuce on top of the mayonnaise.
- Place the turkey on top of the lettuce. Add another layer of mayonnaise on top of the turkey.
- Add the bacon, avocado, and tomato on top of the mayonnaise.
- Add another layer of lettuce on top of the bacon, avocado, and tomato.
- Place the final slice of bread on top of the lettuce and secure the sandwich with toothpicks.
- Slice the sandwich in half and serve.
- Calories: 500
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 6g
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Baking sheet
Serve the Classic Club Sandwich with a side of fries or a cup of soup for a filling lunch.
- Use different types of bread, such as sourdough or rye.
- Swap the turkey for ham or roast beef.
- Add a slice of cheese for some extra flavor.
- Use any type of lettuce you prefer, such as spinach or arugula.
- Substitute the bacon with turkey bacon or leave it out for a vegetarian option.
- Use any type of mayonnaise you like, such as light or flavored.
Store any leftover sandwich in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Make sure your bread is toasted before adding the ingredients to prevent a soggy sandwich.
- Use toothpicks to secure the sandwich and make it easier to cut into halves.
- Feel free to add any additional toppings or condiments to customize your sandwich.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use pre-cooked bacon instead of cooking it myself? Yes, you can use pre-cooked bacon if you prefer.
- Can I make this sandwich ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the sandwich just before serving.
- Can I make this sandwich gluten-free? Yes, simply use gluten-free bread instead of regular bread.
Both of these recipes are delicious and easy to make at home. The Southwest Chicken Salad is perfect for a lighter lunch, while the Classic Club Sandwich is great for when you need something more filling. I love how customizable both of these recipes are, allowing you to use your favorite ingredients and make them your own. I highly recommend giving both of these recipes a try and enjoying the flavors of Applebee’s Lunch Menu 2023 from the comfort of your own home.