Banana bread is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by generations. It’s a versatile treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or even as a dessert. If you are looking for a delicious banana bread recipe, look no further than Trisha Yearwood’s famous recipe. This recipe is easy to follow and will result in a moist and flavorful banana bread that will leave you wanting more.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until well combined.
- If desired, add chopped walnuts and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of the loaf)
- Calories: 258
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 242mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 3g
Cooking time is 60-65 minutes.
- Loaf pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wire rack
Banana bread can be enjoyed on its own or topped with butter, cream cheese, or jam. It pairs well with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Replace walnuts with chocolate chips or dried fruit for a different flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry ingredients for a warm and cozy flavor.
- Use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar for a deeper flavor.
- Replace vegetable oil with melted coconut oil or unsweetened applesauce for a healthier option.
- Use gluten-free flour for a gluten-free option.
- Replace walnuts with pecans or almonds.
Store banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Make sure the bananas are ripe for the best flavor.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can result in a tough and dry bread.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing to prevent it from falling apart.
This recipe makes 1 loaf of banana bread.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze banana bread?
Yes, banana bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.
Can I use frozen bananas?
Yes, you can use frozen bananas in this recipe. Thaw them before mashing and using them in the recipe.
Can I use brown bananas?
Yes, brown bananas are actually preferred for this recipe as they are sweeter and more flavorful.
Trisha Yearwood’s banana bread recipe is the ultimate comfort food recipe that is easy to make and will leave you feeling satisfied. It’s a classic recipe that has been enjoyed by generations and will continue to be enjoyed for years to come.
Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert, Trisha Yearwood’s banana bread is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So why not give it a try and experience the comforting and delicious flavors for yourself?