Who doesn’t love a good banana bread? It’s a classic comfort food that’s perfect for any occasion. But have you ever tried adding a streusel topping to your banana bread? It takes the flavor and texture to a whole new level! In this article, we’ll show you how to make a delicious banana bread with streusel topping that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside. 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract and mashed bananas. 4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chopped walnuts (if using). 5. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and softened butter. Use your fingers to mix the ingredients together until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. 6. Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the top of the batter. 7. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. 8. Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
This banana bread recipe makes 12 servings. Each serving contains:
- Calories: 310
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 41g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 5g
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Small bowl
- Fingers (for mixing streusel topping)
- Wire rack
This banana bread with streusel topping recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack. Serve it warm or at room temperature with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Instead of walnuts, try adding chocolate chips or raisins to the banana bread batter.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the streusel topping for a warm and spicy flavor.
- For a healthier version, substitute half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour and use coconut oil instead of butter.
- You can use any type of nuts instead of walnuts, such as pecans or almonds.
- If you don’t have brown sugar, you can use white sugar instead.
- If you’re allergic to nuts, you can omit them from the recipe.
This banana bread with streusel topping can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure your bananas are ripe, otherwise the banana bread won’t be as moist and flavorful.
- Don’t overmix the batter, otherwise the bread will be tough and dry.
- Let the banana bread cool completely before slicing it, otherwise it will crumble and fall apart.
This banana bread with streusel topping recipe is easy to customize, so feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors. You can also double the recipe if you want to make two loaves.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this banana bread without the streusel topping?
Yes, you can omit the streusel topping if you prefer a plain banana bread.
Can I use frozen bananas?
Yes, you can use frozen bananas, but make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid before using them in the recipe.
Can I use a different type of flour?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour, almond flour, or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour, but keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the banana bread may be slightly different.
This banana bread with streusel topping recipe is one of my favorites! The combination of moist banana bread and crunchy streusel topping is simply irresistible. I love how easy it is to make, and how versatile it is. You can add different nuts, fruits, or spices to the batter to create your own unique flavor. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try – I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do!