Are you in search of a dessert that is both delicious and easy to make? Look no further than the banana cake recipe au! This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves the taste of bananas and wants to indulge in a sweet treat. In this article, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to create this delectable dessert. So grab your apron and let’s get started!
For the cake: – 2 cups all-purpose flour – 1 teaspoon baking powder – 1 teaspoon baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon salt – 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened – 1 cup granulated sugar – 2 large eggs – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – 4 ripe bananas, mashed – 1/2 cup sour cream For the frosting: – 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened – 4 cups confectioners’ sugar – 1/4 cup milk – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. 4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. 5. Mix in mashed bananas and sour cream. 6. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. 7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 8. While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. 9. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. 10. Once the cake has cooled, spread the frosting over the top and serve.
– Calories: 412 – Fat: 16.5g – Saturated Fat: 10g – Cholesterol: 74mg – Sodium: 201mg – Carbohydrates: 65g – Fiber: 1.7g – Sugars: 48g – Protein: 3.4g
– Preparation Time: 20 minutes – Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
– 9×13 inch baking pan – Mixing bowls – Whisk – Hand mixer or stand mixer – Measuring cups and spoons – Spatula
– Serve the cake warm or at room temperature. – Top with whipped cream or fresh fruit. – Pair with a cup of coffee or tea.
– Add chocolate chips or nuts to the batter for added texture and flavor. – Use cream cheese frosting instead of vanilla frosting. – Make banana cupcakes instead of a cake.
– Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. – Substitute coconut oil or vegetable oil for butter. – Use honey or maple syrup instead of granulated sugar.
– Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. – Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
– Make sure the bananas are ripe and mashed well for optimal flavor. – Do not overmix the batter or the cake will be tough. – Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
– This recipe can easily be doubled to make a larger cake. – You can also use this recipe to make banana bread by pouring the batter into a loaf pan instead of a baking pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use frozen bananas for this recipe? A: Yes, just make sure to thaw them and remove any excess liquid before using. Q: Can I use a different type of frosting? A: Yes, you can use any type of frosting you prefer. Q: Can I use a different type of flour? A: Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend.
In conclusion, the banana cake recipe au is a delicious and easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With its moist texture and sweet banana flavor, this cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. We hope that you try this recipe for yourself and enjoy every bite!