Are you looking for a sweet treat that’s both easy to make and incredibly satisfying? Look no further than this banana cake recipe oil! With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen equipment, you can whip up a moist and delicious cake that will have your taste buds singing.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before slicing and serving.
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 1g
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 50-55 minutes
- Large mixing bowl
- Separate bowl for dry ingredients
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9-inch cake pan
This banana cake recipe oil is delicious on its own, but you can also dress it up with some whipped cream, sliced bananas, or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Serve it with a cup of coffee or tea for a perfect afternoon snack.
If you want to mix things up, try adding some chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit to the batter before baking. You could also substitute the vegetable oil for coconut oil or melted butter for a slightly different flavor.
If you don’t have all-purpose flour on hand, you can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend instead. You could also swap out the sugar for honey, maple syrup, or another natural sweetener.
This banana cake recipe oil will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure your bananas are ripe and mashed well for the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter or your cake may turn out tough.
- If you’re using a glass baking dish, reduce the oven temperature to 325F to prevent the cake from overbrowning.
This banana cake recipe oil is very forgiving, so don’t worry too much about exact measurements or technique. Have fun experimenting and making it your own!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use any neutral-flavored oil such as canola or grapeseed oil. Just avoid using olive oil or other strongly flavored oils that may affect the taste of the cake.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can substitute the eggs for a flax egg or another egg replacer. You could also use a vegan butter or coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this banana cake recipe oil for up to 3 months. Allow it to cool completely before wrapping tightly in plastic wrap and placing in a freezer-safe container.
This banana cake recipe oil is a true crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to share with friends or just want to indulge in a little something special, this cake is sure to hit the spot. So why not give it a try today?