Who doesn’t love Oreos? They’re the perfect combination of crunchy and creamy, and they’re so versatile that you can use them in a variety of desserts. But have you ever tried making your own Oreo cookies? And not just any Oreo cookies, but birthday cake Oreos? These sweet treats are the perfect way to celebrate any special occasion. So, let’s get started on this fun and easy recipe!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a teaspoon, form the dough into small balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Place an Oreo cookie on top of each dough circle and cover with another dough circle.
- Use your fingers to seal the edges of the dough together.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are set and the cookies are slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 150 per serving
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Carbohydrates: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop or teaspoon
- Wire rack
Serve these delicious birthday cake Oreos with a tall glass of milk or a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Variations and Substitutions
If you don’t have rainbow sprinkles on hand, feel free to use any kind of sprinkles or even colorful candy pieces. You can also substitute the Oreo cookies for any other kind of sandwich cookie, such as vanilla or chocolate.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tips and Notes
Make sure to flatten the dough circles slightly before placing the Oreo cookie on top, as this will ensure that the cookies bake evenly. Also, be sure to seal the edges of the dough together well, so that the cookies don’t fall apart during baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can freeze these cookies for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Yes, feel free to use any kind of sandwich cookie you like!
Do I have to use rainbow sprinkles?
No, you can use any kind of sprinkles or colorful candy pieces you like.
Overall, this birthday cake Oreos recipe is a fun and delicious way to celebrate any special occasion. These cookies are easy to make and can be customized to your liking with different sprinkles and cookie flavors. So, why not give this recipe a try and see for yourself how delicious these homemade Oreos can be?