Birthdays are a time for celebration, joy, and of course, cake! But what if we told you there was a way to combine the classic birthday treat with everyone’s favorite childhood snack? Introducing Birthday Cake Rice Krispies – a fun and easy recipe that will have your taste buds (and inner child) jumping for joy!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix (dry)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add the cake mix and stir until well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal until well coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve!
Serving Size: 1 square
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 30g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Large saucepan
- 9×13 inch baking dish
Birthday Cake Rice Krispies are perfect for any celebration! Serve them up at a birthday party or simply enjoy them as a fun and festive treat.
Feeling creative? Try adding different types of sprinkles, food coloring, or even mini chocolate chips to make your Birthday Cake Rice Krispies even more unique!
If you don’t have yellow cake mix on hand, you can substitute it with any other flavor cake mix or even a pudding mix.
Store leftover Birthday Cake Rice Krispies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to stir the marshmallows constantly to prevent burning.
- Use a greased spatula to press the mixture into the baking dish for easy removal.
- Let the mixture cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares to prevent crumbling.
Make sure to use fresh marshmallows for the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of cereal?
Yes, you can substitute Rice Krispies cereal with any other type of cereal you prefer.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Birthday Cake Rice Krispies up to 2 days in advance. Simply store them in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
Can I freeze these?
Yes, you can freeze Birthday Cake Rice Krispies for up to 1 month. Make sure to store them in an airtight container and let them thaw at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
Birthday Cake Rice Krispies are the perfect way to celebrate any occasion! They’re easy to make, delicious, and always a crowd pleaser. Plus, who doesn’t love a fun and festive treat? Give this recipe a try and see for yourself!