Breaded Zucchini in the Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a tasty and crunchy snack or side dish, you’ll love breaded zucchini in the air fryer. This easy-to-make recipe is a delicious and healthy alternative to fried zucchini – it’s sure to be a hit with all ages. Not only does breaded zucchini come together in less than 30 minutes, it’s also one of those versatile dishes that can be served as a side, a light meal, or a tasty snack. Kids and adults alike will love the crunchy texture, irresistible flavor, and nutritional punch this dish packs.
Breaded zucchini in the air fryer is an easy and healthy snack or side dish. To make breaded zucchini in an air fryer, you need only a few ingredients: fresh zucchini, a container of your favorite Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, and some cooking oil spray. Simply cut the zucchini into fries, mix in a ziplock bag with the breadcrumbs and spices, then spray and air fry until crisp. The result is an irresistible crunchy texture and delicious flavor, perfect for dipping into ketchup, ranch dressing, or hummus. The dish is a nutritious combination of carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, and vitamins as well as up to a full serving of vegetables for everyone!
You can easily make this recipe your own by swapping out ingredients to accommodate dietary preferences or restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond flour, and vegan cheese instead to make it vegan-friendly. Other seasonings and herbs, such as garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and oregano, can be added for flavor. The same technique can be used to make other vegetables like potato wedges or carrots to enjoy a variety of flavors and textures.
This recipe takes about 25 minutes to make. It yields about 4 servings, so it’s easy to adjust the ingredients according to the number of people in your household. Plus, baking in the air fryer is low-mess, quick, and simple. This dish is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen!
- 2 large fresh zucchinis
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cooking oil spray
- Cut the zucchini into long strips. Place the strips in a large ziplock bag.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian Seasoning. Pour the mixture into the bag of zucchini.
- Seal the bag and shake it to coat the zucchini with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil and place a single layer of zucchini strips in the basket.
- Air fry the zucchini at 350°F. Stir the zucchini every 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Calories: 230 per serving
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Proteins: 8 g
- Fats: 14 g
- Sodium: 234 mg
- Vitamin C: 10 mg
- Vitamin A: 4.2 mg
- Iron: 0.3 mg
Cooking Time & Servings
- Total cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total servings: 4
- Air Fryer
- Large Ziplock Bag
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Serve as a side dish alongside burgers, steaks, or salads, or as an appetizer.
- Try dipping the breaded zucchini in ketchup, ranch dressing, or hummus for extra flavor.
- For an extra flavorful touch, top with fresh parsley or a sprinkle of sea salt.
- For a vegan-friendly version, substitute vegan cheese or almond flour for the Parmesan cheese.
- Add other herbs and spices, such as garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and oregano, to enhance flavor and texture.
- Try using other vegetables for a variation in flavors and textures, such as potato wedges or carrots.
- Top the zucchini with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast for added nutrition and unique flavor.
- Substitute almond flour or your favorite gluten-free breadcrumbs for breadcrumbs.
- Substitute vegan cheese or nutritional yeast for the Parmesan cheese.
- Store leftover Breaded Zucchini in the air fryer in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- For longer storage, freeze in an airtight container for up to three months.
- Chop the zucchini evenly to allow them to cook at the same rate.
- Spray the air fryer basket generously with cooking oil for perfectly crispy zucchini.
- Be sure to preheat the air fryer before you start to ensure the zucchini cooks evenly.
- Increase the cooking time in 5-minute intervals until the zucchini is crispy and golden brown.
- serving suggestion includes ketchup and ranch, hummus as dip for the zucchini chips
- cooking tips include slicing the zucchini evenly, preheating the air fryer, and increasing the cooking time in 5-minute intervals
- make sure to seal the air fryer basket tightly before heating
- this recipe can easily be doubled to accommodate a larger crowd
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is this dish vegan-friendly?
A: Yes, simply substitute vegan cheese or almond flour for the Parmesan cheese.
- Q: Does this dish provide a full serving of vegetables?
A: Yes, one serving of this dish provides a full serving of vegetables.
- Q: Can I make other vegetables using this same cooking method?
A: Yes, you can also make potato wedges or carrots using this same method.
- Q: Can I adjust the ingredients according to the number of people in my household?
A: Sure, this recipe yields about 4 servings, so simply adjust the ingredients according to the number of people in your household.
Breaded zucchini in an air fryer is a side dish or snack suitable for all year round.
Breaded zucchini in the air fryer is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy snack or side dish in minutes. The breaded zucchini is packed with flavor and nutrition as well as a full serving of vegetables. The dish is easy to make with simple ingredients and requires only a few minutes in the air fryer. Added ingredients like herbs, seasonings, vegan cheese, and gluten-free breadcrumbs make it easy to adapt the recipe to different dietary preferences, so everyone can enjoy without compromise. The possibilities are endless, so take the opportunity to be creative and explore new flavors and textures.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and try variations of the dish for a flavor explosion. Try different dips or seasonings or substitute the cheese. And don’t forget about presentation—even a simple dish can look delicious with the help of creative garnishes or plate decoration. With its irresistible flavor, crunchy texture, and nutritional benefits, breaded zucchini in the air fryer is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen!
The best part about making this recipe is that it takes mere minutes to prepare and requires minimal cleanup. Plus, it’s a fantastic way to introduce children to more vegetables while still enjoying delicious flavors. Encourage everyone in your household to get creative with this dish and explore new ingredients and possibilities, and don’t forget to share your experiences, feedback, and suggestions with us. We’re sure you’ll love breaded zucchini in the air fryer.
“If you’re trying to make yourself healthier, adding a few vegetables to your day is never a bad idea”