Are you ready to celebrate Halloween in a fun and delicious way? Look no further than this cake with candy corn recipe! This cake is perfect for any Halloween party or gathering with its festive colors and sweet taste. Plus, it’s easy to make and will be sure to impress your guests. So let’s get started!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- Orange and yellow food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13 inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Stir in the candy corn.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla frosting with a few drops of orange and yellow food coloring until you reach your desired shade of orange.
- Frost the cooled cake with the orange frosting.
- Sprinkle additional candy corn on top of the cake for decoration.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrates: 53g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Cooling Time: 15-20 minutes
- 9×13 inch cake pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
This cake is perfect for any Halloween party or gathering. It can be served as a dessert or snack, and pairs well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk.
If you’re not a fan of candy corn, you can substitute it with other Halloween-themed candies, such as pumpkin-shaped candies or Halloween M&M’s. You can also use different colors of food coloring for the frosting to match your party’s theme.
If you don’t have a yellow cake mix, you can use a white cake mix and add yellow food coloring to the batter. You can also substitute the vegetable oil with melted butter or applesauce.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to let the cake cool completely before frosting, or the frosting will melt.
- If you want to make the cake even more festive, you can add Halloween-themed sprinkles on top of the frosting.
- Cut the cake into small squares for bite-sized portions.
This cake is best served fresh, but can be stored for later consumption. It’s also a fun recipe to make with kids, as they can help mix in the candy corn and decorate the cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a homemade cake recipe instead of a boxed mix?
Yes, you can use a homemade cake recipe instead of a boxed mix. Just make sure to add in the candy corn as directed in the recipe.
Can I use a different type of frosting?
Yes, you can use a different type of frosting if you prefer. Cream cheese frosting or chocolate frosting would both be delicious options.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to serve it.
This cake with candy corn recipe is a fun and easy way to celebrate Halloween. The cake is moist and delicious, and the candy corn adds a fun pop of color and sweetness. The orange frosting is the perfect finishing touch and ties the whole cake together. I highly recommend trying this recipe out for your next Halloween party or gathering. Your guests will be sure to love it!