Are you tired of the same old plain yellow cake? Do you want to add a little spice to your baking game? Well, you’re in luck! Adding pumpkin spice to yellow cake mix is a simple and delicious way to add some extra flavor to your baking.
In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about adding pumpkin spice to yellow cake mix. From ingredient lists to serving suggestions, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s get started!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix and pumpkin spice.
- Add in the eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving.
One serving of pumpkin spice yellow cake (1/12th of the cake) contains:
- Calories: 280
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 3g
The total cooking time for this pumpkin spice yellow cake is approximately 25-30 minutes. However, this may vary depending on your oven, so be sure to keep an eye on the cake to ensure it doesn’t overcook or undercook.
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Mixing spoon or electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Toothpick or cake tester
This pumpkin spice yellow cake is great on its own, but it can also be served with a variety of different toppings. Some of our favorites include:
- Whipped cream
- Cream cheese frosting
- Caramel sauce
- Chopped nuts
If you’re feeling adventurous, there are plenty of ways to mix up this recipe and create your own unique spin on pumpkin spice yellow cake. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add in some chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for some extra texture.
- Swap out the yellow cake mix for chocolate or spice cake mix.
- Top the cake with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk.
- Use this cake as a base for a delicious pumpkin spice trifle.
If you don’t have pumpkin spice on hand, you can easily make your own by combining cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Use 1 tablespoon of this mixture in place of the pumpkin spice in the recipe.
This pumpkin spice yellow cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Be sure to let the cake cool completely before cutting into it.
- If you’re using a non-stick pan, you may want to reduce the cooking time slightly to prevent the cake from overcooking.
- If you’re unsure if the cake is done, insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
Adding pumpkin spice to yellow cake mix is a simple and delicious way to spice up your baking game. Whether you’re looking for a new twist on a classic recipe or just want to add some extra flavor to your dessert, this recipe is sure to satisfy. So, grab your ingredients and get baking!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes! You can use any type of cake mix you like, but keep in mind that the flavor will be different depending on the mix you choose.
Can I make this cake without eggs?
You can try using an egg substitute like applesauce or mashed bananas, but keep in mind that this may change the texture of the cake.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes! This cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before freezing.
Adding pumpkin spice to yellow cake mix is a simple and delicious way to add some extra flavor to your baking. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. So, why not give it a try? Your taste buds will thank you!