Are you craving for a sweet and moist banana bread but don’t have all the ingredients on hand? Don’t worry, because you can still make a delicious loaf using cake mix! Yes, you read that right – cake mix! In this article, we will show you how to turn a simple box of cake mix into a scrumptious banana bread that will satisfy your cravings.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, mashed bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, water, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
One slice of banana bread made from this recipe contains approximately:
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 300mg
The total cooking time for this recipe is approximately 60 minutes.
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Wire rack
Serve this delicious banana bread warm or at room temperature, with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. You can also sprinkle some chopped nuts or chocolate chips on top for added texture and flavor.
You can customize this banana bread recipe by adding your favorite mix-ins such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruits. You can also use different flavors of cake mix such as chocolate, spice, or carrot to create unique and delicious banana bread variations.
If you don’t have yellow cake mix on hand, you can use white cake mix or even spice cake mix for a different flavor profile. You can also substitute the vegetable oil with melted butter or coconut oil, and the water with milk or buttermilk for a richer and creamier texture.
Store leftover banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the bread for up to 3 months. To thaw, simply let the bread sit at room temperature for a few hours or overnight.
- Make sure to use overripe bananas for a sweeter and more flavorful banana bread.
- If you want a denser banana bread, add an extra banana to the recipe.
- If your cake mix contains pudding mix, omit the water from the recipe.
- If you want a more uniform texture, mash the bananas thoroughly before adding them to the batter.
This recipe makes one 9×5 inch loaf of banana bread.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use other flavors of cake mix?
Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you like. Just keep in mind that it will affect the overall flavor of the banana bread.
Can I add mix-ins to the batter?
Yes, you can add any mix-ins that you like such as chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruits. Just make sure to fold them into the batter gently so that they are evenly distributed.
Can I make muffins instead of a loaf?
Yes, you can turn this recipe into banana muffins by dividing the batter into a greased muffin tin and baking for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Who knew that making banana bread could be so easy and delicious? This cake mix banana bread is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without having to go to the grocery store for extra ingredients. The best part is that you can customize the recipe to your liking by adding your favorite mix-ins or using different flavors of cake mix. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!