Are you looking for a fun and easy way to enjoy apples? Look no further than this caramel sauce for apples recipe! This sweet and delicious treat is perfect for those who love a little bit of indulgence in their snacks. With just a few ingredients and some simple instructions, you can create a caramel sauce that will take your apple game to the next level. Plus, we’ve included a helpful video to guide you through the process.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sliced apples, for serving
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the sugar over medium-high heat until melted and golden brown, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the butter and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour in the heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Allow the caramel sauce to cool slightly before serving with sliced apples.
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Saturated Fat: 6g
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Knife and cutting board (for slicing apples)
Serve the caramel sauce with sliced apples for a sweet and indulgent snack.
Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg for a warm and spicy twist on this classic recipe.
Use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar for a deeper, more complex flavor.
Store any leftover caramel sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove before serving.
- Be sure to stir the sugar constantly as it melts to prevent burning.
- Use caution when pouring in the heavy cream, as the mixture will bubble up vigorously.
- For a thinner sauce, add more heavy cream.
This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of caramel sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can I serve with caramel sauce?
Caramel sauce is delicious with apples, but can also be served with other fruits, ice cream, or cake.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the caramel sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove before serving.
Can I use salted butter?
Yes, you can use salted butter in this recipe. Just be sure to reduce the amount of added salt accordingly.
This caramel sauce for apples recipe is one of my favorites! It’s such a simple way to enjoy a sweet and indulgent treat. I love how the caramel sauce pairs with the crisp and juicy apples. Plus, it’s so easy to make! I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do.