Are you looking for a scrumptious carrot cake recipe without nuts? Look no further! This recipe will satisfy your cravings and wow your friends and family. This easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for beginners and experts alike. You can make this cake for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday, holiday, or just because. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and applesauce.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the grated carrots.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch (23cm) cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
This carrot cake recipe without nuts makes 12 servings, and each serving contains approximately:
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 3g
The total cooking time for this carrot cake recipe without nuts is approximately 1 hour, including preparation and baking time.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Handheld or stand mixer
- 9-inch (23cm) cake pan
- Cooling rack
This carrot cake recipe without nuts tastes delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or cream cheese frosting. You can also top it with some extra shredded carrots or chopped nuts, if desired.
You can make this carrot cake recipe without nuts your own by adding some extra ingredients, such as raisins, pineapple, or coconut. You can also substitute some of the flour for almond flour or coconut flour to make it gluten-free. Get creative and experiment with different flavors!
If you don’t have unsweetened applesauce, you can substitute it with an equal amount of mashed bananas or Greek yogurt. You can also use vegetable oil instead of butter, but the texture and taste might be slightly different.
This carrot cake recipe without nuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
- Make sure to properly measure your flour for the best results. Too much flour can make the cake dry and dense.
- Grate your carrots finely for a smoother texture.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting it.
This carrot cake recipe without nuts is perfect for those with nut allergies or for anyone who wants a nut-free dessert. The combination of spices and grated carrots gives it a delicious flavor and texture. This recipe is also easy to customize to your liking, so feel free to experiment with different add-ins and substitutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can substitute some of the flour for almond flour or coconut flour to make it gluten-free. Just keep in mind that the texture and taste might be slightly different.
Can I add nuts to this recipe?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to this recipe if you wish. Just make sure to add them to the batter after you’ve mixed in the grated carrots.
How can I make this recipe healthier?
You can make this recipe healthier by using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, reducing the amount of sugar, and adding more grated carrots or other vegetables. You can also substitute some of the butter with unsweetened applesauce or Greek yogurt.
This carrot cake recipe without nuts is a must-try for anyone who loves a delicious and moist cake. It’s easy to make, customizable, and perfect for any occasion. Whether you have a nut allergy or just prefer a nut-free dessert, this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So go ahead, give it a try, and let us know what you think!