Attention all chocolate lovers! Get ready to indulge in the ultimate chocolate experience at Chocolate Fest Long Grove. This annual festival held in the charming village of Long Grove, Illinois, is a chocoholic’s dream come true. From chocolate truffles to fudge to decadent cakes, you’ll find all sorts of chocolate treats at this festival.
If you’re unable to attend the festival this year, fret not. We’ve got you covered with two mouth-watering chocolate recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. So, let’s dive right in!
Recipe 1: Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease four 6-ounce ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler or microwave. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, flour, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally among the prepared ramekins.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly.
- Let the cakes cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Per serving: 555 calories, 36g fat, 56g carbohydrates, 7g protein, 3g fiber, 252mg sodium
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12-14 minutes
Double boiler or microwave, mixing bowls, whisk, ramekins
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
You can add a tablespoon of espresso powder to the chocolate mixture for a mocha twist.
You can use bittersweet or dark chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate chips. You can also use salted butter instead of unsalted butter.
You can store leftover lava cakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make sure to grease the ramekins well to prevent the cakes from sticking. Do not overbake the cakes, as they will lose their lava-like center.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Can I freeze the lava cakes?
Yes, you can prepare the batter and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Bake the cakes just before serving.
No, these cakes are best served fresh.
Recipe 2: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Holding the strawberries by the stem, dip them into the melted chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries on the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
Per serving: 233 calories, 16g fat, 23g carbohydrates, 2g protein, 3g fiber, 2mg sodium
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Microwave-safe bowl, baking sheet, parchment paper
Enjoy as a snack or dessert.
You can use white chocolate or dark chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate chips. You can also drizzle melted white chocolate over the chocolate covered strawberries for a fancy look.
You can use vegetable oil instead of coconut oil.
You can store leftover chocolate covered strawberries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping them in chocolate. You can use a toothpick to help dip the strawberries if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use frozen strawberries?
- Can I make these ahead of time?
No, frozen strawberries will release too much moisture and the chocolate will not stick well.
Yes, you can make these up to 24 hours in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
We hope you enjoy these delicious chocolate recipes as much as we do. Whether you’re attending Chocolate Fest Long Grove or making these treats in the comfort of your own home, you’re sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings. So go ahead, indulge and enjoy!