If you are looking for a dessert that is both decadent and festive, then look no further than the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe. This dessert is perfect for Christmas, but it is so delicious that you will want to make it all year round. With its rich chocolate filling and soft sponge cake, this recipe is sure to impress your friends and family.
- 6 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Line a Swiss roll tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and caster sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and fold it into the mixture gently.
- Add the vanilla extract and fold it in as well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the sponge bounces back when touched.
- Remove the sponge from the oven and let it cool in the tin for a few minutes.
- Turn the sponge out onto a sheet of baking paper and remove the lining paper.
- Roll up the sponge gently using the baking paper as a guide.
- Let the sponge cool completely.
- In a saucepan, gently heat the double cream and chopped chocolate until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Unroll the sponge carefully and spread the chocolate mixture over it.
- Roll the sponge back up and transfer it to a serving platter.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of the recipe)
Total fat: 18g
Saturated fat: 10g
Total carbohydrate: 26g
Dietary fiber: 2g
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Swiss roll tin
- Baking paper
You can serve the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream. You can also decorate it with fresh berries or a dusting of cocoa powder.
You can vary the filling by using white chocolate, milk chocolate or even a flavoured chocolate such as mint or orange. You can also add nuts or dried fruit to the filling for added texture and flavour.
If you don’t have caster sugar, you can use granulated sugar instead. If you don’t have double cream, you can use whipping cream or heavy cream instead. If you don’t have a Swiss roll tin, you can use a baking sheet instead, but you may need to adjust the cooking time.
You can store the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure you use a Swiss roll tin that is the correct size.
- Don’t over-bake the sponge or it will be dry and difficult to roll.
- Let the sponge cool completely before adding the filling or it will melt and make a mess.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe for a clean and neat slice.
The Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe is a classic Christmas dessert that is perfect for sharing with friends and family. It is rich, indulgent and delicious, and it is sure to impress your guests. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different fillings and decorations to make it your own.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe for up to 1 month. Make sure you wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
Can I use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate?
Yes, you can use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate, but it will be sweeter and less intense.
The Chocolate Yule Log Nigella Lawson recipe is a delicious and indulgent dessert that is perfect for Christmas or any special occasion. With its rich chocolate filling and soft sponge cake, it is sure to impress your guests. Try it out for yourself and experience the decadence!