Christmas is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about what to get your wife. If you’re looking for something special, why not try making her a delicious treat? Here are ten ideas that are sure to impress.
1. Peppermint Bark
- 12 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- Spread the melted chocolate on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add the peppermint extract and mix well.
- Spread the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Chill for another 10 minutes.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Serving Size: 1 oz.
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 11mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 1g
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Double boiler
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Peppermint bark makes a great gift, but it’s also a perfect snack to have around the house during the holidays.
You can use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate, or add nuts to the mix for a different flavor.
If you don’t have peppermint extract, you can use peppermint oil or crushed candy canes instead.
Peppermint bark can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Make sure to crush the candy canes into small pieces so they don’t overpower the other flavors.
This recipe is easy to customize, so feel free to experiment with different flavors and toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use a microwave instead of a double boiler?
- Can I use almond bark instead of chocolate chips?
- Can I use a different type of extract?
Yes, but be careful not to overheat the chocolate.
Yes, almond bark will work just as well.
Yes, you can try using vanilla or another flavor if you prefer.
Peppermint bark is one of my favorite holiday treats, and this recipe is easy to follow and delicious. I love the combination of dark and white chocolate with the refreshing taste of peppermint. It’s perfect for snacking on during a cozy night in or giving as a gift to friends and family.
Overall, these Christmas ideas for wife 2022 are a great way to show your love and appreciation. Whether you choose to make peppermint bark or try one of the other recipes, your wife is sure to be impressed by your thoughtfulness and culinary skills.