Are you planning a dino-themed birthday party for your little one? Look no further than this dinosaur birthday cake recipe that is sure to impress all the party guests. With fun decorations and delicious flavors, this cake will transport your child’s party to the prehistoric era. Let’s get started!
- 1 box cake mix (flavor of your choice)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Green food coloring
- Chocolate frosting
- Assorted dinosaur toys for decorations
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Mix until well combined.
- Add green food coloring until you reach your desired shade of green.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly over the cake.
- Add the dinosaur toys on top of the frosting to create a prehistoric scene.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrates: 39g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Cake stand or plate
Serve the cake on a cake stand or plate to showcase the fun dinosaur decorations. Cut the cake into slices and serve with milk or juice for a dino-rific birthday celebration.
You can swap out the chocolate frosting for vanilla frosting or decorate the cake with different types of candy instead of dinosaur toys.
If you prefer a homemade cake recipe, you can substitute the box cake mix for your favorite homemade cake recipe. You can also substitute the vegetable oil for applesauce or coconut oil.
Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store the cake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure the cake is completely cooled before frosting to prevent the frosting from melting.
- Add the dinosaur toys on top of the frosting just before serving to prevent them from sinking into the frosting.
- If you want a brighter green color for the cake, add more green food coloring until you reach your desired shade.
This recipe yields 12-16 servings depending on how large you slice the cake. The nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 slice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different type of frosting?
Yes, you can use any type of frosting that you prefer. Vanilla frosting or cream cheese frosting would also work well for this cake.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cake up to 2 days in advance. Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you prefer. Chocolate or vanilla cake mix would also work well with this recipe.
This dinosaur birthday cake is not only fun to make, but it’s also delicious. The green color and chocolate frosting make for a visually appealing cake that kids will love. The best part is decorating the cake with the dinosaur toys to create a prehistoric scene. I highly recommend this recipe for any dino-loving birthday boy or girl!