Winter nights are meant for cozying up on the couch, sipping hot cocoa, and enjoying the warmth of a crackling fire. But what if you don’t have a fireplace? That’s where the Dish Network Yule Log comes in! This recipe is the perfect way to create that cozy fireplace atmosphere without the actual fireplace. Plus, it’s a great way to entertain guests during the holidays.
- 1 large log-shaped cake (can be store-bought or homemade)
- 1 can of chocolate frosting
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 bag of pretzel sticks
- Red and yellow food coloring
- Prepare the log-shaped cake according to the recipe or package instructions.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting on the outside of the cake to create the appearance of bark.
- Stick pretzel sticks on the cake to resemble branches.
- Spread a thick layer of chocolate frosting on one end of the cake to create the appearance of burning embers.
- Arrange mini marshmallows on top of the frosting to resemble flames.
- Mix a few drops of red and yellow food coloring to create an orange color and smear it over the marshmallows to make them look more realistic.
- Place the cake on a platter or cake stand and serve!
Calories per serving: 250
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Mixing bowl
- Cake pan
- Cake stand or platter
Serve the Dish Network Yule Log with a side of hot cocoa or eggnog for the ultimate winter treat.
You can change up the flavor of the cake by using a different cake mix or adding different extracts to the batter. You can also use different types of frosting, like vanilla or cream cheese, to switch up the flavor profile.
If you don’t have pretzel sticks, you can use thin pretzel rods or even spaghetti noodles to create the appearance of branches.
The Dish Network Yule Log can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure the cake is completely cooled before frosting it.
- Use a serrated knife to create a rough texture on the frosting to make it look more like bark.
- Arrange the marshmallows in a random pattern to make the flames look more realistic.
This recipe is perfect for entertaining during the holidays or for a cozy night in with family or friends.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use a different type of cake mix?
- Can I use a different type of frosting?
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix you prefer.
Yes, you can use any type of frosting you prefer.
Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and assemble it right before serving.
The Dish Network Yule Log is such a fun and creative way to create that cozy fireplace atmosphere without actually having a fireplace. It’s perfect for entertaining during the holidays or for a cozy night in with family or friends. Plus, it’s so easy to make and customize to your liking. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!