Y’all ready for a deliciously sweet recipe inspired by the one and only Dolly Parton? Well, get ready to bake up a storm with this Dolly Parton Cake recipe that’s sure to impress your friends and family.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, and vegetable oil. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugars, cinnamon, and chopped pecans.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the sugar mixture on top.
- Pour the remaining cake batter on top, and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
One serving (1/12 of the cake) contains approximately:
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 24g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 370mg
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 39g
- Protein: 5g
This Dolly Parton Cake recipe takes approximately 10 minutes to prepare and 40-45 minutes to bake.
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Separate bowl for sugar mixture
- Wire rack for cooling
This cake is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some chopped apples or raisins to the sugar mixture for a fruity twist. You can also swap out the pecans for walnuts or almonds.
If you don’t have sour cream on hand, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead. You can also use any type of oil in place of vegetable oil.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to grease your baking pan well to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overmix your cake batter or it may become tough.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe was inspired by Dolly Parton’s famous quote: “If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you like. Just keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different.
Can I use a different type of nut?
Yes, you can use any type of nut you like. Just keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This Dolly Parton Cake recipe is a sweet and sassy treat that’s sure to impress. With its moist cake base and crunchy cinnamon pecan topping, it’s the perfect dessert for any occasion. So put on your favorite Dolly Parton album, whip up this cake, and enjoy the sweet taste of success!