Looking for a tasty way to celebrate the arrival of fall? Look no further than this easy and simple pumpkin bread recipe. With just a few ingredients and some basic kitchen equipment, you can whip up a warm, fragrant loaf of pumpkin bread that’s perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, water, and sugar until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Each slice of this pumpkin bread contains approximately:
- Calories: 210
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 2g
This easy and simple pumpkin bread recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 50-60 minutes to bake.
To make this pumpkin bread recipe, you’ll need:
- A medium mixing bowl
- A large mixing bowl
- A whisk
- A 9×5 inch loaf pan
This pumpkin bread is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a variety of toppings, such as:
- Butter or cream cheese
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Caramel sauce or maple syrup
- Chopped nuts or dried fruit
If you’re looking to mix things up, here are a few easy variations you can try:
- Add chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the batter before baking.
- Stir in a handful of chocolate chips or raisins for extra sweetness.
- Swap out the pumpkin puree for mashed sweet potato or butternut squash for a different flavor.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra flavor.
If you’re missing an ingredient, here are a few substitutions you can make:
- Use canola oil or melted butter instead of vegetable oil.
- Swap out the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour.
- Use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar for a richer flavor.
This pumpkin bread can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Here are a few tips to help ensure your pumpkin bread turns out perfectly:
- Be sure to grease and flour your loaf pan to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can make the bread tough and dry.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes one 9×5 inch loaf of pumpkin bread.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here are a few common questions and answers about this easy and simple pumpkin bread recipe:
- Can I freeze this pumpkin bread? Yes, you can freeze this pumpkin bread for up to 2-3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil before freezing. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned. Simply roast the pumpkin until it’s tender, then puree it in a food processor or blender.
- Can I make this pumpkin bread into muffins? Yes, you can use this same batter to make pumpkin muffins. Simply spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with paper liners and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This easy and simple pumpkin bread recipe is one of my favorite fall treats. It’s warm, fragrant, and full of delicious pumpkin flavor. Plus, it’s so easy to make that even novice bakers can whip up a loaf in no time. Whether you’re enjoying it with a cup of coffee in the morning or sharing it with friends and family, this pumpkin bread is sure to be a hit.
So why not give it a try for yourself? With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen equipment, you can enjoy the taste of fall in every bite.