Are you looking for a tasty and easy dessert recipe that is perfect for any occasion? Look no further than this easy fruit cake recipe from Joy of Baking! This delicious cake is filled with the flavors of dried fruits and nuts, making it the perfect treat for any time of year. Plus, it’s so simple to make that even novice bakers can whip it up in no time.
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup candied cherries
- 1/2 cup candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 300°F and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dried fruits and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the fruit and nut mixture and stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the fruit and nut mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 26g
- Protein: 5g
Total time to make this easy fruit cake recipe is approximately 2 hours.
- 9-inch cake pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Wire rack
This easy fruit cake recipe is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
If you want to mix things up a bit, try substituting different types of dried fruits or nuts in this recipe. You could also add a splash of rum or brandy to the batter for a festive touch.
If you don’t have all of the dried fruits or nuts listed in this recipe, feel free to substitute with whatever you have on hand. You can also use gluten-free flour if you need to make this recipe gluten-free.
This easy fruit cake recipe can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to chop your dried fruits and nuts into small pieces so they distribute evenly throughout the cake.
- Be sure to grease your cake pan well to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing it to prevent it from falling apart.
This easy fruit cake recipe is adapted from Joy of Baking.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe up to 1 week in advance and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. To thaw, simply let it sit at room temperature for a few hours.
Can I use fresh fruit in this recipe?
No, this recipe is specifically designed to use dried fruit.
This easy fruit cake recipe is one of my all-time favorites. It’s so simple to make, but it tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen! I love the combination of dried fruits and nuts, and the texture of the cake is just perfect. Plus, it’s a great recipe to customize based on your preferences. Give it a try for your next gathering or special occasion!