Fall is in the air, and what better way to celebrate the season than with a batch of easy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins made with spice cake mix? This recipe is perfect for those who love the taste of pumpkin and chocolate but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. These muffins are moist, fluffy, and packed with flavor, making them the perfect treat for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a muffin tin or line it with paper liners.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Each muffin contains approximately:
- 260 calories
- 14g fat
- 32g carbohydrates
- 2g fiber
- 2g protein
These easy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins take about 30 minutes to prepare and bake.
To make these muffins, you’ll need a large mixing bowl, a whisk, and a muffin tin.
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert. Serve them warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you want to switch things up, you can try adding chopped nuts or raisins to the batter. You can also use a different type of cake mix, such as yellow or white, instead of spice cake mix.
If you don’t have pumpkin puree, you can use applesauce or mashed banana instead. You can also use coconut oil or melted butter instead of vegetable oil.
These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 1 month.
- Be sure to mix the batter well to ensure that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Don’t overfill the muffin tin or the muffins may overflow.
- Use a toothpick to check if the muffins are done. If it comes out clean, they are ready.
These muffins are best eaten fresh, but they can be reheated in the microwave for a few seconds if you want to enjoy them later.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different type of chocolate chips?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate chips you like, such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate.
Can I make these muffins gluten-free?
Yes, you can use a gluten-free cake mix and make sure that the chocolate chips are gluten-free as well.
Can I make these muffins without eggs?
Yes, you can use a flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water) or applesauce as a substitute for eggs.
These easy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins made with spice cake mix are the perfect fall treat. They’re quick and easy to make, and they’re packed with flavor. Whether you’re enjoying them for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, you’re sure to love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate. So why not give this recipe a try and see for yourself how delicious these muffins can be?