Who doesn’t love a creamy, spiced pumpkin pie during the fall season? This easy pumpkin pie recipe with almond milk is a healthier twist on the classic dessert that doesn’t skimp on flavor. With just a few simple ingredients and easy instructions, you can whip up a delicious pumpkin pie that’s perfect for any occasion.
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, pumpkin puree, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt, and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 45-50 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing and serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 240
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes (15 minutes prep, 1 hour bake time)
- Large mixing bowl
- Pie dish
This pumpkin pie is delicious on its own, but it’s even better served with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Pair it with a cup of hot coffee or tea for the ultimate fall dessert experience.
- Swap the almond milk for another non-dairy milk, such as soy or coconut milk.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra flavor.
- Top with chopped nuts, such as pecans or almonds, for added texture.
- You can use regular milk instead of almond milk if you prefer.
- If you don’t have brown sugar, you can use white sugar or a sugar substitute.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can use a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Leftover pumpkin pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cover the pie with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh. You can also freeze leftover pie for up to 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
- Make sure to use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- If you’re using a homemade pie crust, make sure it’s fully baked before adding the pumpkin filling.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing to ensure it sets properly.
This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. However, if you have a nut allergy, you should avoid using almond milk and substitute with another non-dairy milk instead.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a store-bought pie crust?
Yes, you can use a store-bought pie crust if you don’t have time to make one from scratch. Look for a gluten-free or dairy-free option if needed.
Can I use pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices?
Yes, you can use pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices listed in the recipe. Use 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this pumpkin pie recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cover the pie with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh.
This easy pumpkin pie recipe with almond milk is a delicious and healthier twist on a classic dessert. With simple ingredients and easy instructions, you can make a flavorful pie that’s perfect for any fall occasion. Whether you’re serving it at a family gathering or enjoying a slice on a cozy night in, this pumpkin pie is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So go ahead and give it a try for yourself!