Nothing screams fall quite like the smell of pumpkin pie baking in the oven. This easy pumpkin pie recipe with cream cheese is the perfect dessert for any autumn occasion. The creamy, fluffy filling combined with the warm spices and flaky crust will have everyone coming back for seconds. And the best part? It’s so simple to make!
- 1 pre-made pie crust (or make your own)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, salt, and heavy cream.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Total Carbohydrates: 38g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 9-inch pie dish
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Baking sheet
This easy pumpkin pie recipe with cream cheese is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. For an extra special touch, drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
If you want to mix things up a bit, try adding a crumb topping to your pumpkin pie. Simply mix together 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 cup unsalted butter. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pumpkin pie before baking.
- If you don’t have cream cheese, you can substitute with 1 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use half-and-half or whole milk instead.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can substitute with 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of ginger, and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg and cloves.
- If you prefer a lighter pumpkin pie, you can use a graham cracker crust instead of a traditional pie crust.
This easy pumpkin pie recipe with cream cheese can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh. You can also freeze the pie for up to 2 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened before you start mixing it with the other ingredients. This will help you achieve a smooth, creamy texture.
- If you’re using a pre-made pie crust, make sure to prick the bottom with a fork before adding the filling. This will prevent it from puffing up while it bakes.
- Don’t overmix the filling once you’ve added the eggs. This can cause the pie to crack while it bakes.
- Bake the pie on a baking sheet to catch any spills or drips.
This easy pumpkin pie recipe with cream cheese is perfect for Thanksgiving, Halloween, or any fall gathering. It’s a crowd-pleaser that’s sure to impress. If you’re short on time, you can use a pre-made pie crust and canned pumpkin puree. No one will know the difference!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree if you prefer. Simply roast a small pumpkin, remove the flesh, and puree it in a blender or food processor.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? Yes, you can make the pumpkin pie a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can I freeze the leftover pie? Yes, you can freeze the pie for up to 2 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
This easy pumpkin pie recipe with cream cheese is a must-try for any pumpkin lover. The creamy filling, warm spices, and flaky crust all come together in one delicious dessert that’s perfect for any fall occasion. Whether you’re hosting a Thanksgiving dinner or just want a sweet treat, this pumpkin pie is sure to satisfy your cravings. So go ahead and give it a try – your taste buds will thank you!