The Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe for Fall
Fall is the perfect time to indulge in all things pumpkin, and what better way to do so than with a homemade pumpkin pie? While making a pumpkin pie from scratch may seem intimidating, this recipe for an easy pumpkin pie using sweetened condensed milk is both delicious and simple to make.
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for an additional 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool pie before serving.
One slice of this easy pumpkin pie using sweetened condensed milk contains approximately:
- Calories: 300
- Total fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total carbohydrates: 41g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Total sugars: 29g
- Protein: 7g
The total cooking time for this easy pumpkin pie using sweetened condensed milk is approximately 50-55 minutes.
- Large bowl
- 9-inch pie dish
This easy pumpkin pie using sweetened condensed milk is delicious on its own, but can also be served with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or caramel sauce for an extra indulgent treat.
For a twist on this classic recipe, try adding a streusel topping made from chopped pecans, brown sugar, and butter before baking. You can also use a graham cracker or ginger snap crust for a different flavor profile.
If you don’t have sweetened condensed milk on hand, you can substitute with evaporated milk and sugar. You can also use pumpkin pie spice instead of individual spices for a simpler recipe.
This easy pumpkin pie using sweetened condensed milk can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, for this recipe.
- Use a store-bought or homemade pie crust for convenience.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
This easy pumpkin pie using sweetened condensed milk is perfect for Thanksgiving or any fall gathering. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin instead of canned. However, it will require additional prep time to roast and puree the pumpkin.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, simply use a gluten-free pie crust instead of a traditional one.
Can I use low-fat sweetened condensed milk?
Yes, you can use low-fat sweetened condensed milk to reduce the calorie and fat content of the pie. However, keep in mind that it may alter the texture and flavor slightly.
This easy pumpkin pie using sweetened condensed milk is the perfect fall dessert. It’s simple to make, delicious, and sure to impress your guests. Whether you’re hosting a Thanksgiving feast or just looking to indulge in all things pumpkin, this recipe is a must-try. So go ahead, give it a try and let us know what you think!