If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to switch up your traditional pumpkin pie recipe, look no further than this easy pumpkin pie with vanilla pudding recipe! This recipe adds a creamy twist to the classic pumpkin pie that is sure to delight your taste buds. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make, so it’s perfect for beginner bakers looking to impress their friends and family with a homemade pie.
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vanilla pudding mix, milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (177°C) and continue baking for an additional 45 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Carbohydrates: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Time: 1 hour
- Large mixing bowl
- 9-inch pie dish
Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a festive touch. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Add a crumb topping for a crunchy texture. Substitute the vanilla pudding mix with butterscotch pudding mix for a unique flavor twist.
Use a graham cracker crust instead of a traditional pie crust for a different flavor profile. Substitute pumpkin spice for the cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg for a simpler ingredient list.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Use a store-bought pie crust for a quick and easy shortcut.
- Be sure to let the pie cool completely before slicing to ensure that it sets properly.
- For a smoother texture, strain the pumpkin puree through a fine mesh sieve before mixing it with the other ingredients.
This recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving or any fall gathering. It’s an easy way to switch up your traditional pumpkin pie recipe without adding too much extra work.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use homemade pumpkin puree?
Yes, you can use homemade pumpkin puree in this recipe. Just be sure to strain it through a fine mesh sieve before mixing it with the other ingredients to ensure a smooth texture.
Can I use a different type of pudding mix?
Yes, you can substitute the vanilla pudding mix with any other flavor that you like. Butterscotch, caramel, or even chocolate pudding mix would all work well in this recipe.
Can I freeze this pie?
Yes, you can freeze this pie for up to 2 months. Be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
This easy pumpkin pie with vanilla pudding is a delicious twist on a classic fall dessert. The addition of vanilla pudding makes the filling extra creamy and delicious. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for beginner bakers. Try it out for yourself and see how delicious it can be!