If you’re looking for a dish that’s both elegant and comforting, you can’t go wrong with Ecraze de Pomme de Terre a la Truffe Marmiton. This classic French recipe combines mashed potatoes with decadent truffle oil, creating a dish that’s rich, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying. Whether you’re looking for a side dish to impress your dinner guests or a comforting meal on a chilly evening, this recipe is sure to please.
- 2 pounds of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup truffle oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the butter, heavy cream, and truffle oil, and mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped chives, if desired, and serve hot.
Serving size: 1 cup
Saturated Fat: 8g
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- Large pot
- Potato masher or ricer
Ecraze de Pomme de Terre a la Truffe Marmiton makes a great side dish for beef or chicken dishes, or can be served on its own as a comforting meal. Pair with a glass of red wine for a truly decadent dining experience.
To switch up the flavor profile of this classic French dish, try adding roasted garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, or chopped herbs like thyme or rosemary. You can also swap out the truffle oil for other flavored oils like garlic or basil.
If you don’t have truffle oil on hand, you can use olive oil or any other flavored oil of your choice. You can also use milk or half-and-half instead of heavy cream, although this will result in a less creamy texture.
Leftover Ecraze de Pomme de Terre a la Truffe Marmiton can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
- Be sure to use russet potatoes for the best texture and flavor.
- Don’t over-mash the potatoes, or they can become gummy. Stop mashing as soon as they’re smooth and creamy.
- If you don’t have a potato masher, you can use a fork or a hand mixer instead.
This recipe serves 4-6 people as a side dish, or 2-3 people as a main course.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I freeze this dish?
While mashed potatoes can be frozen, the addition of truffle oil can alter the texture and flavor of the dish when reheated. We recommend enjoying this dish fresh for the best results.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes! You can make the mashed potatoes up to 2 days ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving, and add the truffle oil just before serving for the best flavor.
Ecraze de Pomme de Terre a la Truffe Marmiton is a classic French dish that’s both elegant and comforting. The addition of truffle oil takes this dish to the next level, creating a rich and flavorful side dish or main course. Whether you’re a truffle lover or just looking for a delicious way to enjoy mashed potatoes, this recipe is sure to impress. Give it a try and let us know what you think!