Are you craving something sweet and indulgent? Look no further than Faith Hill’s Coca Cola Cake recipe! This dessert is the perfect combination of rich chocolate flavor and fizzy, refreshing soda. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make and sure to impress your friends and family. So grab your apron and let’s get baking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the Coca Cola, butter, and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the Coca Cola mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract, and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the mini marshmallows.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
One serving of this Coca Cola Cake recipe (if cut into 16 pieces) contains:
- Calories: 310
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 210mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 32g
- Protein: 3g
This Coca Cola Cake recipe takes approximately 35-40 minutes to bake, but allow for an additional 10 minutes for cooling before serving.
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Medium saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
This cake is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
Want to mix things up? Try adding chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts, to the batter for some added crunch. Or, swap out the Coca Cola for another soda flavor, like Dr. Pepper or root beer, for a unique twist on this classic recipe.
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for 5 minutes.
This Coca Cola Cake recipe can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to sift your dry ingredients to avoid any lumps in your batter.
- Don’t overmix your batter, as this can lead to a tough cake. Just mix until everything is well combined.
- Let your cake cool for at least 10 minutes before serving to prevent it from falling apart.
This recipe was popularized by country music superstar Faith Hill, who included it in her cookbook “Mississippi Kitchen.” It’s a Southern classic that’s sure to become a favorite in your household!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this recipe without Coca Cola?
No, the Coca Cola is a key ingredient in this recipe and cannot be substituted.
Can I use a different size baking pan?
You can, but be aware that this may affect the baking time and the thickness of the cake. If you use a smaller pan, the cake will be thicker and may take longer to bake.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake a day ahead of time and store it covered at room temperature. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
Faith Hill’s Coca Cola Cake recipe is a fun and delicious dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. The combination of chocolate and soda creates a unique and flavorful cake that’s sure to impress your guests. Whether you’re a fan of Southern cuisine or just looking for a sweet treat, this recipe is a must-try. So put on some country music, preheat your oven, and get ready to indulge in a slice of heaven!