Easter is a time of joy, celebration, and delicious meals. If you’re looking to create an unforgettable Easter dinner, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we’ll take a look at some of the best recipes from Food City that are sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more.
Recipe 1: Glazed Ham with Pineapple and Honey
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7-9 pounds)
- 1 can of pineapple slices (20 oz)
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place ham in a roasting pan and cover with foil.
- Bake the ham for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Drain the pineapple and reserve 1/2 cup of the juice.
- In a saucepan, mix the honey, brown sugar, mustard, apple cider vinegar, cornstarch, cloves, cinnamon, and reserved pineapple juice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the foil from the ham and brush it with the glaze.
- Arrange the pineapple slices on top of the ham and brush them with the glaze.
- Bake the ham uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Allow the ham to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories: 440
- Protein: 48g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sodium: 2350mg
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Roasting pan
- Basting brush
Serve the glazed ham with your favorite sides such as roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes.
You can use different types of fruit such as peaches or apricots instead of pineapple.
If you don’t have Dijon mustard, you can use regular mustard instead.
Store leftover ham in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Make sure to baste the ham with the glaze every 15 minutes for a delicious and flavorful result.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use a spiral ham instead of a bone-in ham?
- Can I make the glaze ahead of time?
- Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple?
Yes, you can use a spiral ham for this recipe.
Yes, you can make the glaze a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple.
Recipe 2: Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring the water to a boil and let the eggs cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and rinse them with cold water.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, parsley, chives, salt, and black pepper to the bowl with the yolks.
- Mix the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Scoop the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with additional chopped parsley and chives.
- Refrigerate the deviled eggs for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 90
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sodium: 160mg
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Serve the deviled eggs as an appetizer or as a side dish.
You can add different herbs and spices to the yolk mixture such as paprika or cayenne pepper.
If you don’t have fresh parsley or chives, you can use dried herbs instead.
Store leftover deviled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make sure to let the eggs cool completely before peeling them for a smooth and easy peel.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I make deviled eggs ahead of time?
- Can I use regular mustard instead of Dijon mustard?
- Can I add bacon to the yolk mixture?
Yes, you can make deviled eggs a day ahead and store them in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can use regular mustard instead of Dijon mustard.
Yes, you can add bacon to the yolk mixture for a delicious twist.
Food City Easter dinner recipes are a perfect way to celebrate this special occasion with your loved ones. Whether you’re looking for a classic glazed ham or a simple yet delicious deviled egg recipe, these recipes are sure to impress your guests. So, what are you waiting for? Give these recipes a try and create unforgettable memories with your family and friends.