If you have a little girl who is turning six soon, you might be thinking of throwing her a birthday party. And what’s a birthday without a cake? But not just any cake, it has to be a girly cake that suits her personality and style. In this article, we will share with you some adorable and delicious cake recipes that are perfect for a six-year-old girl’s birthday party. So, let’s get baking!
For the cake: – 2 cups of all-purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar – 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened – 3 large eggs – 1 tablespoon of baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon of salt – 1/2 cup of milk – 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract – Food coloring (pink, purple, or any other girly color) For the frosting: – 2 cups of powdered sugar – 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened – 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract – 1-2 tablespoons of milk – Food coloring (pink, purple, or any other girly color) For decoration: – Edible glitter – Sprinkles – Fondant flowers – Candies
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). 2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. 5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well after each addition. 6. Stir in the vanilla extract and food coloring until well combined. 7. Pour the batter into two 8-inch (20cm) round cake pans that have been greased and floured. 8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 9. Let the cakes cool completely in the pans before removing them. 10. To make the frosting, cream together the powdered sugar and butter until smooth. 11. Add the vanilla extract and milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the frosting reaches the desired consistency. 12. Add food coloring and mix well. 13. Once the cakes have cooled, spread a layer of frosting on top of one cake. 14. Place the second cake on top of the first and spread frosting all over the cake. 15. Decorate the cake with edible glitter, sprinkles, fondant flowers, and candies.
This recipe makes 12 servings. Each serving contains approximately: – Calories: 475 – Fat: 21g – Saturated Fat: 13g – Cholesterol: 97mg – Sodium: 196mg – Carbohydrates: 69g – Fiber: 1g – Sugar: 53g – Protein: 4g
Preparation time: 30 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Total time: 1 hour
– Two 8-inch (20cm) round cake pans – Electric mixer – Mixing bowls – Measuring cups and spoons – Spatula – Toothpick
This cake is perfect for a birthday party or any other special occasion. Serve with a glass of milk or a cup of tea.
– Instead of vanilla extract, use almond or lemon extract for a different flavor. – Add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for extra texture. – Use different colors of food coloring to match your party theme.
– You can use margarine instead of butter, but the taste and texture may be affected. – If you don’t have powdered sugar, you can make your own by blending granulated sugar in a blender until it becomes powdery.
Store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
– Make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature before starting. – Don’t overmix the batter or the cake will be tough. – Use a serrated knife to level the cake layers before frosting. – Let the cake cool completely before frosting or the frosting will melt.
– This recipe can be easily doubled or halved depending on your needs. – You can use different shapes of cake pans, but adjust the baking time accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch? A: Yes, you can use a store-bought cake mix, but the taste and texture may be different. Q: Can I use salted butter? A: You can, but omit the salt from the recipe. Q: Can I make the cake ahead of time? A: Yes, you can bake the cake layers in advance and freeze them until you’re ready to frost and decorate.
In conclusion, these girly cakes for a 6 year old are not only adorable but also delicious. They’re perfect for a birthday party or any other special occasion. With the right ingredients and instructions, you can make a cake that suits your little girl’s personality and style. So, why not give it a try and see how happy it makes her? We hope you enjoy making and eating these cakes as much as we do!